November 20, 2010
The former Vail Plaza Hotel and Club opened in Vail Village today in its new incarnation as The Sebastian. It is the creation of investor Alejandro Marti of Mexico City, and of David Burden, CEO of Timbers Resorts ... and of David's wife, Sandy Burton, Director of Interiors at Timbers Resorts.
The Sebastian is a boutique resort and fractional-ownership residence club. The property includes the following amenities:
- Bloom, a destination spa;
- The Library, a year-round gathering place;
- The Market, a deli and provisioner for sundries and to-go items as well as breakfast, lunch and dinner for owners and guests;
- Block 16, the property's signature restaurant;
- Frost Bar, which will offer cocktails and appetizers for owners, guests and the public. Frost is expected to open December 7th.